If you’re new to our blog — Welcome. We’re Tye and Tanekwa, a Northern Virginia wedding and event photography/videography team.
Can you believe it?
Another year is staring us in the face. It seems 2022 zoomed by. We love the week leading up to a new year, you get to plan what you want to do to make the year great.
Recap of 2022
- We’ve attended virtual and in-person conferences and events such as the Peculiar Collective and WeddingPro.
- Captured amazing decor by some talented vendors such as Stunning Soirees, A Good Planner and Design, among others.
- We planned, captured and worked with vendors we met through social media on our own styled shoot. We can’t wait for the feature to come out in January!
- Captured weddings as the main photo/video team at the BelmontCountry Club, the Riverview, and Mill Dye House. All our couples were a joy to work with and we are so thankful they chose us to capture their big day.
- Acted as second photographer/videographer for several weddings and events.
- Captured a few events for non-profit organizations that focused on serving women and small business owners.
- We joined the Prince William Chamber of Commerce and the Association for Wedding Creatives of Greater Washington, DC.
- We captured a proposal in Washington, DC and a few engagement photoshoots at National Harbor.
- Featured a few times for an editorial photoshoot we did at the Ivy Rose Barn.
- Our biggest accomplishment this year, we started blogging. As photographers and videographers, it seemed like a daunting task but thanks to everyone who supports us.
How we plan to grow our Photography/Videography Business
- Attend more networking events to meet event and wedding vendors.
- Plan to attend Shutterfest and other photography events as well.
- Post more on social media. We’ve planned our posts for January and joined an accountability group.
- Work out at least 3-5 times a week. We’re starting with baby steps.
- We’re walking around our neighborhood.
- We signed up for pilates and plan to go once a week.
- Dance almost 2-3 nights a week with a very active five-year-old for 15 minutes. We’re also working on the inside.
- We’re cutting down on our sugar and sodium intake. Before we didn’t look at the back of packages for nutritional value but now we check.
- We’re looking at the amount of sugar, sodium, cholesterol and ingredients.
- We are also learning to find healthier recipes for meals we love. We hope that you stick around for this journey and take a look at our other blogs.
- Also setting aside more time to spend with family and friends